Thursday 23 June 2016

Mist & Mountains

A couple of weeks ago, I had the morning to myself. I woke and sipped coffee and watched the mist move around the hills from my back door and decided to go out and soak it all up. As always, I brought my camera, and decided to take some self portraits. My dear friend and fellow mama blogger Hannah (I highly recommend following her dreamy blog ALL OF MY DAYS WITH YOU) has started her own self portrait series and it has truly inspired me. After I had Forest, I stopped my style posts, partly because I didn't have the time to keep up (at least as a job) but there was another reason...I couldn't stand to look at a photo of myself. Suddenly I was a mother in new skin, in a new shape and it's still on ongoing struggle to feel comfortable as this new me. Even to the point that if I took a photo with my son, I'm most likely hiding my face or body in some way. Well no more. I've decided to be brave and start my own portrait series. I like these photos because of what I was feeling ...nostalgic and adventurous outside by the mist and the mountains. They represent for me, a time when I felt free and yes beautiful. It's important to feel beautiful, and I hope you do too, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment